TF Hostels is located on the University of Ghana, Legon campus on the boundary of the main Atomic Road. TF Hostels consist of four hostel blocks joined together to enclose a yard and built to meet the diverse demands of the student population at the University of Ghana. The property is made up two buildings with 102 rooms per block with a bed capacity of 4 and 2 per building and another two with 56 rooms a piece hosting another 4 and 2 beds per room.
James Topp Nelson Yankah Hall is a private owned Hall by TF Properties Ltd, a subsidiary of Teachers Fund of GNAT. The Hall comprises four (4) blocks knit together by a tunnel, thus enclosing a big court and offers students the opportunity to live in a community setting. It’s within easy walking distance to the University Campus and operates a shuttle service that conveys students to and fro.
In all, it has 960 beds distributed in 316 rooms. It has basically two room types; either self-contained or shared facilities, and students have the option of choosing either 2 or 4 in a room.
• 2-in-1 Self Contained – shower and toilet are ensuite
• 2-in-2 Shared – you share shower and toilet
• 4-in-1 Self Contained- shower and toilet are ensuite
• 4-in-1 Shared- you share shower and toilet
• Furniture – bed, desk, chair, book shelve and wardrobe
• Internet – available by wireless and subject to subscription
• TV – there is a TV room on each floor
3-15 students share each kitchen which has only cookers and gas is provided free to users. Students are allowed to keep a fridge, microwave, a kettle and toaster in their rooms.
Located off the Atomic Junction- Haatso Road and close to the Botanical Garden of the University, James Topp Nelson Yankah Hallis close to your lectures, the University Library, computer areas, campus shops, gym and a short walk from restaurants and shops.
• 640KVA Cummins Generator
• 24 Hour Water Supply from Public Mains and/or Treated Water from Reverse Osmosis Plant
• Multipurpose Court for Basketball, Tennis, Volley and Other sports.
Support and services
• Residential Assistants – are available on-call 24 hours a day
• Security – 24 hour campus and private security available
• Cleaning in common areas – the stairs, corridors, kitchens, shared washroomsand all common areas will be cleaned, you will need to clean your own bedroom and en-suite wash rooms.
• Salon Services –paid service available
• Grocery Shop – operates from 6:00am till late
• Car Park – available at no extra cost
• Laundry – paid service available